CKMeringue Powder, 1#
Instructions for Meringue Powder
- Royal Icing (Dry Hard Icing): Into ½ cup cold water, beat ¼ cup meringue powder until firm peaks form. Scrape the sides of the bowl and completely mix the water and meringue before slowly adding the powdered sugar. Gradually add 4 cups sifted confectioners sugar until desired consistency. Add more powdered sugar for stiffer icing. To keep icing soft, add 3 drops glycerin. A stand mixer provides the best results.
- Buttercream Icing (Creamy Soft Icing): Dissolve ¾ cup of granular sugar in ½ cup boiling water. Cool and add ¼ cup of meringue powder and beat to peak. Stir in 1 pound sifted confectioner’s sugar and beat until mixed well: Mix in 2 to 2½ cups white vegetable shortening.
- Boiled Icing: Dissolve and boil at high heat (240º), 2 cups granular sugar in ¾ cups water, ¼ cup corn syrup and small pinch salt. Dissolve and whip ? cup (6 TBLS) meringue powder in one cup cold water: add 1 cup granular sugar while beating meringue mix: slowly add boiled syrup. Then whip at high speed until cool.
- Meringue Cookies: Dissolve 1 cup granular sugar in ½ cup boiling water, stirring until all crystals are dissolved. Add 1/3 cup meringue powder and beat into high peaks, fold in a teaspoon of vanilla, other desired flavoring or coloring after the meringue is at stiff peak stage. Pipe onto parchment or silicone lined baking sheets. Bake 40-45 minutes at 225 degrees until set and can be easily lifted off the pan and the bottoms are dry.
When using as an egg white substitute mix 2 teaspoons of meringue powder and 2 tablespoons of water to equal one egg white.
Hints: Keep utensils grease free. Icings may be refrigerated in airtight containers, beat again before using. Cover bowl and tube ends with damp cloth. Try meringue powder in cookies, drinks, desserts and other recipes where a light frothy consistency is desired. Flavor and color to suit.
- Kosher Parve
- Shelf Life: Over 1 year if kept in cool dry area
- Certified Kosher
- Note: This product is prepared and packaged using machines that may come into contact with wheat/gluten, eggs, dairy or dairy products, soy, tree nuts.
Country of Origin: USA