ISOMALT CRYSTALS 1# BAG
- A reduced-calorie sweetener used for making hard candy. This product can be used to make the edible gems, pulled sugar, blown sugar and as a sugar substitute in baking.
- High resistance to humidity and will not crystallize.
- If no color added, the candy hardens clear.
- Net Weight: 16 oz.(453.6g)
- Shelf Life: 36 Months.
- For flavoring, check out our CK Candy Flavoring.
- To color your candy use Celebakes Color Gel or other gel coloring.
- Certified Kosher
Isomalt Hard Candy Recipe
-2 cups Isomalt
-½ Cup Distilled Hot Water
--Can use tap water, however the clarity may not be as desired
-Liquid food coloring if desired
-Flavor if desired with liquid flavors
HINT: Prepare Tools prior to applications.
Combine Isomalt and water in heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisk in until dissolved. Dip pastry brush in water and wash down sides to prevent crystallizing. Skim off foam with handled metal strainer to help with clarity. Monitor temperature using candy thermometer. At 280 degrees, coloring can be added. Cook until mixture reaches 320 degrees and remove from heat. Set saucepan into a cold water pan to stop cooking process. When syrup stops bubbling, gently stir in flavoring. Cover for two minutes. Sugar syrup is ready for pieces, molds, pulling, and sugar blowing.
Cooked sugar art techniques vary.
BREAK-UP PIECES: Prepare sheet pan or a Silicone mat, spraying with vegetable oil.
Let cool before handling.
USING MOLDS: Prepare molds, spraying with vegetable oil. Using Candy Funnel,
pour hot syrup into molds and allow hardening for 10 minutes. Unmold onto waxed paper or silicone mat. If weather is humid, wrap in candy bags to prevent becoming cloudy.
**PRECAUTIONS TO PREVENT BURNS: Keep bowl of ice water near by in case of skin contact. Use latex gloves.
**Cooked Syrup is VERY HOT! ALWAYS KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN