PETERS CARAMEL 5# LOAF
- Creamy, buttery Caramel from Peter's.
- High quality and ready-to-use.
- Net Weight: 5 lb. (2.26kg)
- Store in a cool, dry location. DO NOT REFRIGERATE
- Shelf Life: 12 Months
- Handling: Melt to approximately 125ºF - 150ºF for easy pouring.
- Certified Kosher
125ºF - 150ºF is the melting point for easy pouring.
You can melt it on the stove (on medium heat), oven (200 ºF for about an hour to an hour and a half), and in the microwave (1 minute increments at 50% power, stirring every minute until melted).
Store caramel in a cool, dry place in a sealed container
To thicken caramel add ½ to 1 oz. confectioner's sugar to 1lb. of caramel.
To thin the caramel add a little heavy cream
For caramel apples use 1lb white confectionary coating to the 5lbs Peter’s Caramel loaf.
Be sure the wax is removed from the apples.
Chill or refrigerate apples immediately after dipping for approximately 30 minutes to ‘set’ the caramel
Recipes are on the box.