OWL PANTASTIC® PAN
Pan measures approximately 9-1/4" x 13-3/4" x 1-3/4"
These lightweight, durable plastic pans can be used exactly like aluminum pans in a conventional oven as well as a microwave. Do not place directly on oven rack, place on shiny cookie sheet for baking. Each pan is designed to hold approximately one bag of cake mix. Bake at 375° F. Complete directions included.
CK Buttercream icing - white (77-800)
Klay Gun (43-2600)
Piping Gel (76-2011)
Decorating Tip - #12 round (2P-12)
Round Cutters (53-14404)
Bone Tool (43-01PME)
Small Craft Brush (81-501)
Cake Board (22-110146)
Follow cake mix or recipe instructions. Grease & flour pan, fill 2/3 full.
Place pan on a shiny cookie sheet and bake according to mix instructions.
Microwave for about 6 minutes, rotating every 2 minutes (microwave times may vary).
Cool cake 5 minutes in pan. Release from pan and cool on a rack or towel. Cool cake completely, position on cake board.
Wash pan in warm sudsy water using soft brush.
Decorating for Owl Cake (49-8201)
- Crumb-coat entire cake with white buttercream icing.
- Roll chocolate fondant to size and cover entire cake. Smooth to details of cake. Trim.
- Use bone tool to define wings.
- Using excess chocolate fondant from trimming, cut eye pupils with 1” cutter. Make notch in pupils with #12 round decorating tip (large end), set aside.
- Combine 2 parts, chocolate fondant, with 1 part white fondant and 1 part yellow fondant to make tan color
- Roll tan fondant large enough to cover belly.
- Using large end of #12 decorating tip, cut enough circles to cover belly. Starting at bottom of feather area, glue pieces in place with piping gel, overlapping and staggering to make feathers. Trim edge pieces as you go.
- Use clay gun (use insert with medium round hole) to extruded about 15” long thread.
- Lay thread in place around feathers, using bone tool to secure. Trim excess length.
- Mix equal parts of yellow and orange fondant for beak and claws. Do not mix completely.
- Roll yellow/orange fondant to 6” x 12”. Cut in half and cover each claw. Smooth. Trim.
- Use bone tool to define claws.
- Cut beak from yellow/orange fondant trim pieces and glue in place with piping gel.
- Roll out small amount of tan fondant, cut eye lids with 2½” round cutter. Glue in place with piping gel.
- Roll out small amount of white fondant, cut eyes with 2½” round cutter. Glue in place with piping gel.
- Using piping gel, glue eye pupils in place.