FLORAL CUPCAKE / COOKIE TEXTURE TOPS
- Set of 3 mats
- Each mat a design repeated four times
- Mats are 7-5/8 x 7-5/8"
- Designs are approximately 3-1/4"
- For best flavor, generously ice the cupcake with a delicious icing before adding the fondant circle. Rolled fondant should be thin.
- Use either side of the mat. One side will give a raised impression, while the other will give a recessed impression.
- The diameter of baked and iced cupcakes may vary according to recipe, amount of batter, and amount of icing used. Choose a cutter sized to completely cover the top of the iced cupcake.
For instructions, click on the "More Info" tab above.
Instruction using Rolled Fondant or Other Rolled Icings
- Bake and cool cupcake. Generously ice cupcake with your favorite cupcake icing.
- Lightly spray texture mat with a grease cooking spray. Wipe excess grease with a paper towel.
- Roll rolled fondant to approximately 1/16" thick.
- Place the smooth, rolled side of the fondant face down on the texture mat.
- Place the rolling pin on one end of the fondant with the mat underneath.
- Firmly roll over the fondant, rolling to the opposite end. Do not double roll.
- Lift the mat and the fondant.
- Flip over the mat so the fondant is on the bottom and the mat is on the top.
- Peel back the mat.
- Cut fondant using a cutter.
- Place textured circle on top of the iced cupcake.
- If icing has crusted, brush a thin layer of piping gel onto the icing to adhere the fondant circl.e
To Add Contrasting Colors
Color details with food color markers or food color thinned with water. If using food color markers, allow the fondant-covered cupcake to harden overnight before coloring. Thinned royal icing may also be used to add color to the fondant-covered treats. Pipe contrasting colors of thinned royal icing into the recessed area.