CLAM SHELL PANTASTIC® PAN
Pantastic Pan - Clam Shell
- The plastic pan you can bake in!
- These lightweight, durable plastic pans can be used exactly like aluminum pans in a conventional oven as well as a microwave.
- Do not place directly on oven rack, place on shiny cookie sheet for baking.
- 10-1/2 X 10-1/4"
- Each pan is designed to hold approximately one bag of cake mix.
- Bake at 375 degrees F.
- Complete directions included.
Click on "More Info" for decorating ideas.
Clam Shell Pantastic® Pan
CK Buttercream Icing - white (77-803); Disco Dust – grape (43-1856)
CK Fondant – white (77-872001), chocolate (77-872021), purple (77-878081)
Gumballs 15mm – lavender pearl
Decorating Bag, pkg/12 (31-55); Fork; Cake Board (22-1126S)
Follow cake mix or recipe instructions. Grease & flour pan, fill ⅔ full.
Place pan on a shiny cookie sheet and bake according to mix instructions.
Microwave for about 6 minutes, rotating every 2 minutes (microwave times may vary).
Cool cake 5 minutes in pan. Release from pan and cool on a rack or towel.
Cool cake completely, position on cake board.
Wash pan in warm sudsy water using soft brush.
Decorating for Clam Shell Cake (49-9026)
• Crumb-coat entire cake with white buttercream icing.
• Roll out white fondant to ½" thick. Place a small amount of chocolate fondant (in a few different places) onto the white fondant and knead until get a speckled effect. Roll fondant to size.
• Roll lavender fondant to 14 x 3". Cut a few strip and place on white speckled rolled fondant in an arched pattern (for shell, see photo).
• Continue to roll fondant with strips until lavender strips are smoothed into white speckled fondant.
• Cover cake with rolled fondant and smooth to details of cake. Trim.
• Create design in shell by raking fork across fondant in arched motions.
• With disco dust, sprinkle cake in the pattern of the shell (will help to define ridges of shell)
• Cut ½" off tip of decorating bag and fill with buttercream icing.
• Using decorating bag and buttercream icing make a plain border around edge of cake
• Lay gumballs in place on buttercream icing.