CK Products LLC
Job Title: Inventory Control
Position Type: Full Time
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Creates, compiles, coordinates, and maintains records of quantity, type, location, and value of material, equipment, merchandise, and/or supplies stocked in the warehouse by performing the following duties.
Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Able to interpret and operate a mobile Bar Code Scanner
- Counts material, merchandise, or supplies in stock and posts totals to inventory records
- Compares inventories to office records or computes figures from records such as sales orders, production records, or purchase invoices to obtain current inventory
- Verifies clerical computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in computation or count, or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies
- Compiles information on receipt or disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies, and computes inventory balance, price, and cost
- Plans layout of stockroom, warehouse, the Packaging room and other storage areas in collaboration with the Warehouse Supervisor , Packaging Supervisor and the Plant Controller while considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored
- Studies records and recommends remedial actions for reported expired or soon to expire product, slow moving, and excess stock to Warehouse Supervisor, Packaging Supervisor and/or the Plant Controller
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies to and with the Warehouse Supervisor, and/or the Packaging Supervisor, and/or the Plant Controller
- Adjusts all and any errors instructed to by the Plant Controller, Warehouse Supervisor, or Packaging Supervisor
- Maintain an acceptable attendance record as per company standards
- Collects and researches data
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Works well in group problem solving situations
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Must have knowledge of database and inventory software
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma, GED (or equivalent), or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Required to frequently lift, push, and/or pull up to 50 pounds
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; bend, kneel and squat.
- Required to possess vision abilities that include close, distant and peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Able to withstand non-climate controlled environments.