Quality Assurance Supervisor
CK Products LLC
Job Title: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Position Type: Full Time
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Assists with and supervises planning and coordinating quality control programs designed to ensure continuous
compliant production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties
Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Assists in auditing all Labels during receiving and approval process.
- Takes the lead in Corrective Actions and assists departments in Root Cause Analysis & accurate completion of Corrective Actions
- Assists in maintaining Label Database
- Must possess knowledge in BRC requirements to ensure BRC compliance with Food Safety and Quality in areas of food packaging, storage & distribution, consumer products, agents and brokers, and retail.
- Supports 5 S and Continuous Improvement not only in packaging but throughout the entire company
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production procedures to achieve quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Monitors the Quality in the packaging & plastic departments
- Plays active role on quality teams within the organization
- Designs and implements quality control training programs (tool boxes) to key personnel in conjunction with manager
- Maintains document control system
- Participate in all HACCP functions
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record as per company standards
- Must have knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor directly supervises one hourly Technician. The Quality Assurance Supervisor shall perform supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Such responsibilities include but are not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training with an Associates degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience. SQF Certification, HACCP Certification, PCQI training a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Required to frequently lift, push, and/or pull up to 50 pounds
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; bend, kneel and squat.
- Required to possess vision abilities that include close, distant and peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Able to withstand working in a non-climate controlled environment around heated presses and machinery.